Beaglesound

Please consider supporting CSN by supporting our advertisers!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You rescue me
We are finally out of the studio after fits and starts with the recording process here in my home. Let me know what you think. You rescue me
Hello and thanks for posting. The song is fun, uplifting and has a catchy tune. I like the raw feel of the recording but I would suggest some of the following; i) Pull the drum tracks back a bit. ii) Push the lead vocals up so that they are more predominant in the mix. iii) You may want to bring rhythm guitar up slightly after as it is cool and unique. iv) Would you be able to post the lyrics so we could more fully critique your song thanks.
All in all I like this song it has a rhythm and style that appeal to many. Thanks again and God bless you!

Jordan
"A healthy Spiritual walk with God leads you down a Natural Path of worship."
Thanks Jordan,

I appreciate the feedback. Mastering is new to me, and I have a LOT to learn Smile I will post them when I get home from work this evening. We are actually playing this as a special at church this upcoming Sunday morning.
Reece and I did this song live a couple of weeks ago. It's a fun song and the audience seemed to really like it. It's great to hear another version of the song that is a little different take on the way Reece has produced it.

Your mix needs some work. The drums are the loudest part of the mix right now. The vocal should be at least as loud as the drums. Are you using any compression on the vocals? If not, they could use some compression to even them out. The rhythm instruments need to come up in the mix as well. There just needs to be more balance with everything.
Jordan and all - this song was written by me and I've given Erik and his band permission to record it for a CD they will be producing.

Erik and his band will own the (P) performance copyright for his version.

here's the lyrics from the original:
You Rescue Me
©2011 Reece Bain

Verse 1
I feel so lost and all alone
I’ve fallen far and I’ve done such wrong.
My shackled heart just can’t find release.
I call Your name and You will rescue me!

Prechorus
Jesus, I cry to You!

Chorus
You rescue me, when I am lost in sin and shame.
You rescue me, You rescue me, You rescue me!

Verse 2
I know I’ve sinned and I’ve unclean hands
I don’t deserve your perfect holy plan
You came to earth just to set us free
And now I know You came to rescue me!

Prechorus
Chorus
Chorus

Instrumental Bridge
Prechorus
You rescue me, when storms of life darken my sky
You rescue me, You rescue me
You rescue me, when I am lost and so afraid
You rescue me, You rescue me!
As Mike said we did this one live at a coffeehouse a few weeks ago and it was a blast!

Erik's version is a little different and that's great, I think it's great to hear how another band interprets my song!

Erik - I agree with Mike that the mix needs some work, I understand this is at least one of, if not the first recording you've done in your new home studio, so you've done a great job for first try!
It really is a good song. I love the lyrics!
great fun song!
glad to see other people doing your songs Reece!
AWESOME!

Mix needs some re mix, but I am sure you will work out the kinks!~

Blessings
ang Smile
(04-19-2017, 09:15 PM)Out of the Fray Wrote: We are finally out of the studio after fits and starts with the recording process here in my home. Let me know what you think. You rescue me

A nice fun and upbeat praise song.  Nicely done.  Definitely worthy of the tip of the hat.  Thanks so much for sharing.

Peter
I have begun to remix the song (need to get some good monitors, I don't like headphones). Hopefully, I will upload a re-mastered version before too long now that I am getting more comfortable with Studio One.
Thanks for the feedback!